- Not to be confused with the general term of crawlers.
The grass crawler, also known as the grass monster, was a bizarre cryptobotanical creature sighted in October of 1984, when the witness was 14 years old. The anonymous witness was with eight friends on a dirt road in Didsbury, Manchester, United Kingdom.
The witness first described the entity as a quartet of typical, 12-inch blades of grass, arranged in a square formation and lying flat on the ground. Suddenly, the blades of grass snapped upright and bent in the middle, their tips converging with each other in the center of the square formation. The creature then became mobile and began chasing the witness.
- Unknown species of ambulatory grass
- Simple hysteria/misidentification
- Eyewitness testimony
- The creature was included in Fortean Times's book Fortean Times: It Happened to Me vol.3. The story was related in the book by the witness's friend, Henry da Massa.
- After escaping the creature, the witness inspected his brand-new running shoes and found the laces to be frayed in a highly bizarre way.